BETTER WAYS OF PARENTING TOWARDS INTROVERT KIDS
- Jan 03, 2018
Parents are the role models for their kids. It is essential for a parent to groom their kids from their initial age and for this, a parent must analyze their kids' nature.
It is not an issue to be an introvert, as you know some great personalities like Mother Teresa, Mahatma Gandhi, Bill Gates, J.K. Rowling and many more figures were introverts.
However, you must ensure that you try and nurture your kids so they come out of the shell and be a part of the extrovert world.
Analyzing the nature of your kids
You must understand the nature of your kids first. An introvert kid will always stay one step back in this extrovert world.
You must talk to your kids to figure out whether they are comfortable in talking to you or prefer to keep things to themselves.
5 tips to bring change in an introvert child
- You must also make your child meet new people. This will give you an idea whether your kid is introvert or not.
- Praising your child when they take a step to socialize with others in the class or on social media.
- You also suggest your child to socialize with their friends when they are tired from their daily routine.
- When your child enjoys doing something constructive, you must encourage your child to do that often.
- You must always try to build confidence within your child so that they are not afraid to face the outside world.
Taking the initiative from your side
You must take the initiative and talk to your child to understand your child’s psychology. It will help your child to freely speak to you about their problems.
You must also convey this to the teachers so they can put in even more efforts on your behalf.
Educating your child to take a stand for themselves
As introvert children are timid, they are even terrified to speak up for themselves. It is your duty to make them understand that they need to stand up for themselves and speak in case of any mistreatment.
You should make your child understand that you are always there for him/her no matter what. It will help him/her come and share his/her problems with you instead of keeping it to himself/herself.
Appreciating your children
It is essential that you appreciate your child in front of others. If s/he is introvert and shy, do not refer to him/her as such because that can create a negative impact, on the whole.
Highlight their strengths, instead of their weaknesses.
Give space to your child
If your child is in distress and needs some personal time of his/her own, give him/her that. Nagging him/her too much in the circumstances will do him/her more harm than good in the long run.
All the aforementioned ways will help in keeping a healthy relationship with your child. Your introvert child will be able to gather confidence and compete with the extrovert world with their hidden talents.
LearnPick is an online marketplace for all kinds of tutoring and learning services. We provide a platform to help learners find home tutors, online tutors, expert trainers, tutorial centers, training institutes and online tutoring schools. Learners can also find local classes, workshops, online courses and tutorials on a huge variety of topics. We operate in 12 countries worldwide and our community of learners, teachers and training businesses numbers over 3,00,000. We provide an opportunity for individual tutors and tutoring businesses to promote and grow their business.
Latest posts by LearnPick (see all)
- Things To Take Care Of Before Selecting A Secondary Education School - May 28, 2018
- Primary Education must be free of charge - May 23, 2018
- TEN Math Tricks for Primary Level Students - May 09, 2018
- Is Practical Knowledge Important Than Books? - Apr 30, 2018
- 25 Of The Most Inspirational Quotes On Writing - Mar 19, 2018