A Reflection on the Pros and Cons of CBSE and ICSE
- Sep 18, 2017
- Rima Bose
Are you confused whether to enroll your child in a school under CBSE Board or ISCE Board? There is an array of reputed schools in the country that makes you confused about which one to choose.
Let’s get some knowledge about CBSE and ICSE.
Central Board of Secondary education or, CBSE is one of the governing educational boards in India. It follows the NCERT curriculum. It is under the Union Government of India. It affiliates the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, Kendriya Vidyalayas and many private schools approved by the Indian government.
Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) is another hugely acclaimed educational board in India. The national level private Board of School Education in India conducts the Indian School Certificate and the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education examinations for both Xth and XIIth standards.
Both the Boards aim at providing the best education to the children. However, everything has its advantages and disadvantages. Without any delay, let’s get to them so that you can fix the best for you kids.
In general, these two boards are vividly compared to each other for their difference in the exam patterns, curriculum, prospects, difficulty level and much more. Lack of necessary information and research often lead to the mistakes conducted by the parents and the students to select the right one as per the aptitude.
Pointing down some essential comparison between these renowned boards:-
1. The syllabus of CBSE is enough scientific and rational. It is divided into several segments. Each section has been recommended a particular number of periods so that the whole syllabus can be thoroughly covered by the instructors in a year. Thus, the system of CBSE gives a golden chance to all the teachers for logically preparing the subject teaching strategy. The students can plan their timing and schedule by giving equal importance to all the subjects.
Whereas, ICSE has structured its syllabus pattern in such a methodical way that it benefits the students who desire to carry on with the management courses later in their life. It is relatively advanced than CBSE and appropriate for the MBA aspirants.
The ISCE students need to work harder in this aspect. But, the concentration on a stronger English proficiency leads to the open door of TOEFL, GRE and GMAT examinations for them.
3. The class x syllabus of ICSE is tougher than CBSE.
4. In case of science, CBSE students give only one exam together though they study three subjects, namely, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
On the other hand, the students of ISCE write three different papers for three subjects.
5. In CBSE, the English syllabus is more manageable in comparison to ICSE. CBSE people sit for one exam, and ICSE pursuers give two exams.
6. The relevant curriculum of ICSE provides direction to the better clarification and explanation of the basics of each subject than that of CBSE.
7. The authorities of the CBSE board have taken a progressive step: - Grading System. But, ICSE has not yet introduced any grading system for the exam results.
8. In case of Social Studies, the CBSE students write one paper, while, the ICSE examinees write two examinations for History and Geography separately.
9. The English course outline of ICSE Board is regarded as the best and very competitive in India. The students have the opportunity to study Shakespeare and an additional couple of English papers in the undermined curriculum. CBSE lags behind in this respect.
10. The tightness of the ICSE syllabus reflects when the VIIIth standard’s curriculum more or less equates to the IXth and Xth standards of CBSE.
11. In the ICSE decorum, the core knowledge of the several concepts taught in class VIII is further strengthened in class IX and X with the detailed version of the previous class’s syllabus.
12. The CBSE certificate is recognized throughout India by all the schools and colleges. ISCE certificates validate all over the world, in particular by the foreign schools and universities.
13. Under CBSE, the syllabus is concentric and application based. Maths and science are almost similar to ICSE.
ICSE leads in the compatibility of the syllabus among the common wealth countries.
14. A theoretical manner is followed regarding the CBSE syllabus. The real-life concepts have hardly got any place here. The application oriented plan lacks practical understanding.
Better life-skills, advanced analytical skills, and deeper understanding command the ICSE curriculum, yet, the students may face problems in pursuing further studies because of the inefficiency of paper evaluation after the examination.
Parents and students must understand that it is up to the students’ envision what they wish to become as a professional. Education depends up on the individual, and both the boards give ample opportunity to unleash the Pandora of Knowledge. Discuss among yourselves and get admission into the ideal one.
Rima is an ardent writer and an awe-inspiring fitness trainer. She surmises in expressing through her mind that has been penned down in her writings. She has maintained her sportsmanship through regular martial arts and swimming. A beautiful mind and a glowing soul shine eternity as per her stance.
Latest posts by Rima Bose (see all)
- Studying In A High School? Take Careful Moves for your future - May 21, 2018
- How Does Private Tutoring Help A Child With ADHD? - Apr 30, 2018
- Stop The Nervous Habits Of Your Child - Apr 23, 2018
- Find Out The Signs Of Depression in Your Child - Apr 17, 2018
- The appropriate age for children to start regular exercise - Mar 27, 2018