Thoughts of summer vacation may include images of time at the beach or lake, lazy days escaping the heat, and no thought of classes or the stress of the past two semesters. However, there are plenty of productive ways you can spend your summer that can be fun, relaxing, helpful for your education or career, or just downright lucrative for your pocketbook.
Here are tips with which a summer vacation can be turned into a good time:
- Interning: Early forays into the work force can serve many purposes. Earning money, resume-building and development of organizational and interpersonal skills all come to mind. Low-on-the-totem-pole teenage employment is also often the source of stories and life lessons that will carry you through to adulthood.
- Make a difference: Taking up a project which will help you and others around you this could really give you a sense of purpose and you will even have a lot of fun. Ask anyone who organizes social drives and events like this in your locality for a living and he or she will tell you that it is a rather lucrative job. In addition to earning a handsome sum you will also get to know your neighbours better.
- Empower your creativity: Set big goals for yourself, and reach for them. Climb a mountain. Organize a charity event. The point is to make use of your time—because soon you may not have much of it. Particularly for those who have a huge passion or hobby, do what you like doing—and do it a lot. If you’re an artist, paint like it’s no one’s business. Maybe even sell some of your work and feature them in a local art fair. If you’re a programming enthusiast, code like there’s no tomorrow. Maybe you can start a business or look for companies which need your talent.
- Globetrot: For many people vacation is just another term for a holiday to a new place that they have never visited before. You could choose to go on this holiday alone so that you will be able to gather your own thoughts and spend your time away from the hustle and bustle of city life or you could choose to head for a holiday with your family so that all of you can spend some quality time together and even make beautiful memories that lasts for a lifetime, since there is nothing more important than family.
- Volunteer for change: Plenty of deserving causes need any help they can get so, with a bit of spare time on your hands, and chip in. Whether it’s reading to kids at the local library or digging boreholes in Uganda, the outcome is the same: you add to society in a hands-on way. From hospitals to homeless shelters and puppies to people, pick something you care about and contribute to the greater good.
- Collaborative working: Workshops are a great way to spend your vacations because you get to learn new things and in addition to this you can even get to meet new people that have the same interests as you. The workshop you attend can be pertaining to anything that interests you, whether it is arts and crafts, drawing, singing, origami, dancing, debate or even life skills.
- Learn something new: Things that you thought about doing or learning in the past but didn't get time. For eg: If you like music, you can learn playing the guitar or whichever musical instrument you like. Nowadays you don't even need a teacher. YouTube is there for you and many other self-learning sites too.
- Get fit: People get lazy during the summer and your nimbleness decreases. Therefore, it becomes somewhat necessary to indulge in exercise and meditate during the summer. Plus no excuses can be given around this time as there are no busy schedules and lack of time.
These are some amazingly useful solutions for you to spend your vacation. Staying at home during your holiday doesn’t mean that things will be boring. But if you can try out all or even some of these productive and fun things to do then you are surely going to have a fun and memorable vacation period.