As we all know, engineering is one of the most pursued programs after high school in India. Most of the students of PCM opt for engineering. Few PCB students also take up engineering courses like Biotechnology, Biochemistry, etc. Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have some of the best engineering colleges in India. Before Telangana got separated from Andhra Pradesh, there used to be a common entrance test called AP EAMCET. After getting separated, Telangana state started conducting their engineering entrance exam called TS EAMCET.
Engineering in Telangana State
Telangana is the 11th largest and 12th most populated state in the country. Telangana got separated from the northwestern part of Andhra Pradesh on 2nd June 2014, with Hyderabad as its capital. Telangana is the eighth largest economy in India. Hyderabad is the home for some of the major software industries and service sectors. Warangal and Hyderabad are known for their wealth and renowned historical structures. Hyderabad is nicknamed Cyberabad due to the location of some of the major software industries. It contributes to 10% of India’s exports in the IT and ITES sectors. Due to all these factors, Telangana has become one of the hotspots for engineering students.
There are 309 engineering colleges in Telangana state, out of which 286 are private engineering colleges, and 23 are public colleges. Some of the top engineering colleges in Telangana are:
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
- Vallurupalli Nageswara Rao Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad
- CVR College of Engineering, Ibrahimpatnam
- Vardhaman College of Engineering, Rangareddy
- SR Engineering College, Warangal
To get admission into one of these colleges, the candidate must have appeared in TS EAMCET. JNTU Hyderabad conducts this exam for Engineering and Agricultural courses. The exam has a syllabus weightage of 55% from the first year and 45% from the second year. The exam date and eligibility criteria will be notified on the official website of TSCHE.
Engineering in Andhra Pradesh State
Andhra Pradesh is the 7th largest and 10th most populated state in India. It has the second largest coastline in India. Andhra Pradesh is known as the Rice Bowl of India as it is the largest producer of rice in India. It is the only state in India with three capitals. It has the 7th largest economy in the country. With more than 120 million tourists, it is the third most visited state in India. Some of its major attractions are Tirumala Venkateswara Temple in Tirupati, Visakhapatnam Beaches, Araku Valley hill station, deltas of Godavari, and Krishna river. Andhra Pradesh is the home for major industries like PepsiCo, Isuzu Motors, Cadbury India, Kellogg’s, Kia Motors, Hero Motors, Ashok Leyland, and many more.
Andhra Pradesh is one of the top industrial corridors of India and has been attracting students wanting to pursue engineering from all over the country. Andhra Pradesh has a total of 343 engineering colleges. Out of the total, only ten colleges are public, and the rest are private engineering colleges. Some of the top engineering colleges in AP are:
- Koneru Lakshmaiah College of Engineering, Vijayawada
- Andhra University College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University College of Engineering, Kakinada
- Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology, and Research, Guntur
- Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
- Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha Engineering College, Vijayawada
- Sri Vidyanikethan Engineering, Tirupati
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur College of Engineering, Anantapur
- Gayatri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam
- G.Pulla Reddy Engineering College, Kurnool
Admissions into these colleges are based on the candidate’s performance in the state-level common entrance test conducted by JNTU Kakinada on behalf of APSCHE called AP EAMCET. This exam provides admission into the engineering and agriculture colleges of AP. To be eligible for this exam, the candidate must have passed in 10+2. The required aggregate in 10+2 depends on the institute you are applying for.