With the recent increase in data breaches, there is a constant need for professionals with the right skills and know-how to help organizations fulfil their security needs by creating a strong safety base and applying modern practices. This means that for anyone looking to venture into the cybersecurity field, the door is always open, as long as you possess a recognized credential as demanded by the competitive job market.
Conveniently enough, the IT industry offers opportunities to obtain these skills as well as badges like CISSP provided by the International Information System Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2. So, what exactly does it entail? And why should you consider earning it? Here’s a definitive guide to the CISSP details.
What Is CISSP?
Certbolt CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) is an accreditation offered by (ISC)2, granting candidates access to the advanced level of the information security career. It is suited for individuals looking to prove their competence in cybersecurity strategy and implementation. Ask around, and any expert will tell you that the CISSP credential continues to gain popularity in the field.
Quick CISSP Exam Facts
- The CISSP exam costs $699
- The test is currently available in 8 languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese. It can be done at 882 locations spread over 114 countries worldwide
- The certification was the first to meet ISO/IEC Standard 17024 and continues to set the pace in cybersecurity
- After passing the assessment, you need to subscribe to the (ISC)2 Code of Ethics and complete an endorsement form, to be signed by another (ISC)2 professional, as verification of your experience
CISSP Course Highlights
The content of the Examlabs CISSP and training are broadly classified into 8 domains as highlighted below:
- Security Architecture and Engineering
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Asset Security
- Identity and Access Management
- Software Development Security
- Security and Risk Management
- Communication and Network Security
- Security Operations
Benefits of CISSP
For professionals in information security, the CISSP certification is an invaluable investment as it comes with unmatched benefits. First of all, it gives numerous career opportunities helping you to advance as a chief information security officer, director of security, network architect, security analyst, security systems engineer, and security auditor, etc.
The second reason goes to improved salaries. Thus, obtaining the CISSP badge is proof that you possess a set of marketable skills, and that you are entitled to higher wages. According to (ISC)2, CISSP members earn at least 35% more than non-members. And speaking in a more detailed way, the recent research of PayScale.com states that this credential can bring you about $114k per annum on average.
Finally, CISSP is internationally recognized, giving global legitimacy to your skills. Therefore, you won’t have trouble when searching for your dream job.
Acquiring the CISSP certification is a worthy investment for an IT specialist that wants to advance in information security. With adequate preparation and the required experience, passing the CISSP exam is all but guaranteed, and with it, you will have the best chance to take another step in your career.
Get certified today for professional growth!
Image Credit: innovationatwork.ieee.org