Pursuing Classical and Folk Dance Forms of India
- Apr 03, 2014
India, a potpourri of art, culture and tradition, has paved the way for myriad forms of dance that sets the intense platform for creativity and ingenuity. Since time immemorial dance is considered as an expression and representation of emotions that appeals the eyes and heart. Laced with intricacies and portraying a sublime history, Indian dance owes its origin to Bharat Muni’s Natyashastra.
Showcasing the rich heritage, the Classical and Folk dances of India contours the specialty of each region. With time however, these dance forms have witnessed several alterations and constantly reshaped itself to attain the global fame. Viewed as a virtual and physical form of art, Classical and Folk dance reflect the creative extravaganza, pulse and verve of the dancer.
Today dance has permeated deep in our lives and is being pursued by many as a profession. Many reputed institutes have sprung up to accomplish their dreams, offering courses, degrees, trainings under expert guidance. Master any form of dance of your interest to lead the way to prosperity and fame.
Diverse Dance Forms to Master
Over the ages diverse forms of dance have evolved, each epitomizing its own specialty, grace, period story and techniques. Traditionally being followed over the years, presently each form has acquired a new and unique dimension, reflecting its strong identities. There are various forms of classical and folk dance that can be mastered.
Indian Classical Dance
Dance Forms States of Origin
Bharatanatyam Karnataka, Tamil Nadu
Kathak North Indian States
Kuchipudi Andhra Pradesh
Famous Indian Folk Dance
Dance Forms States
Bathakamma Andhra Pradesh
Changu Odissa and Andhra Pradesh
Dandaria Andhra Pradesh
Dhamal Punjab and Andhra Pradesh
Gobbi Andhra Pradesh
Karagam Tamil Nadu
Dance Courses to Pursue
The cadence and the mystical aura of Indian dance have allured the attention of several reputed dance institutes and enthused acclaimed dance exponents to explore its diversity and impart professional guidance and training, generating world famed dancers. These centers nurture the skill and expertise of the aspirants, channelizing them accurately and enlivening the magic of emotion, passion, poise and motion.
If you desire to be an ace dancer through professionally training pursue the following degrees in any of the dance styles that magnetize you:
- Certificate course
- 3 years Bachelors Degree Course
- 3 years Post Graduation or Course or Master Degree
- 3 years Diploma Course
Prior to attaning a Bachelors degree or a certificate in dancing, a dancer must pass the 10+2 level or Higher Secondary Examination. Further, if you wish to attain a post-graduate degree then successfully passing the Bachelors degree in dancing is essential. A perfect balance of mind, body and soul and versatility in the art is indispensable for every aspiring artist.
Dancers can also specialize in several sectors or domain for a thriving career, attaining training in the desired area of interest such as choreography, training or teaching, performing on stage and others.
Dance as a Profession
Dance, as a flourishing career, is attaining fast pace in the creative professional world. Multitude of job opportunities are maturing and opening gates for promising dancers to prove their mettle and ingeniousness in the sector. The professions that can be explored by dancers are:
- Choreographer: Improvise innovative ways, methods, styles, moves and techniques to create a breathtaking performance that steals the heart. Implementing creative process, choreographic tools and expanding aesthetic awareness among the dance troop, you can etch out a distinct name as a reputed choreographer.
- Dance Production: You are required to professionally handle various departments of dance production such as make-up, lighting, sound, costuming and stage management.
- Performer: Enthusiastic dancers can make solo appearances on stage, perform with a famed troupe, give touring performances or present duet performances, exhibiting their skills and expertise to the audience round the world.
- Trainer: Discover within you the gift of teaching and imparting training to young talented students by getting associated with a dance school or starting an academy by yourself. You can also operate in a private dance studio.
Besides these, dancers can expand their horizons further and get involved in several other dance careers that are increasingly attaining hype and publicity. Some of these are:
- Getting associated with leading newspapers, magazines and journals to write reviews on dance performances
- Dance therapists
- Arts administrators
- Working with professional dance companies, musical production houses, television, videos, movies, commercials and more
Indian dance courses have been of great interest to all and have been well appreciated by the world for its expression of life and association with legends, mythology, folklore and classical literature. Get trained today and be acknowledged in the classical and folk styles.
LearnPick is an online marketplace for all kinds of tutoring and learning services. We provide a platform to help learners find home tutors, online tutors, expert trainers,tutorial centers, training institutes and online tutoring schools. Learners can also find local classes, workshops, online courses and tutorials on a huge variety of topics. We operate in 12 countries worldwide and our community of learners, teachers and training businesses numbers over 3,00,000. We provide an opportunity for individual tutors and tutoring businesses to promote and grow their business.
Latest posts by LearnPick (see all)
- Marketing Design techniques for E-learning - Sep 05, 2018
- Why Should You Study Abroad? - Sep 03, 2018
- Only Colleges can Improve the Quality in Higher Education - Aug 30, 2018
- More Than 1 Lakh Aspirants Apply for A Course That Can Help to Crack the UPSC Test - Aug 28, 2018
- The Art of Insect Photography - Aug 28, 2018