Home Tuition Vs Coaching Centers
- May 02, 2014
The rising value of education and the increase in competition in the educational sector demands the students to get effectively trained and prepared to take up the challenges of the educational world. For a successful education and career it’s important to be skilled and accurately informed. Coping up with the studies, tuitions have now become very popular and demanding. Depending upon the abilities and preferences of the students, some opt for home tuitions whereas others decide on coaching classes.
Both have their own pros and cons and must be selected as per the requirements and potential of the students.
Home Tuitions – Its Pros and Cons
Several parents are now resorting to home based tuitions for their children. This form of tuition offers the much required help and support required to excel in studies and examinations. However, there are certain pros and cons of home tuition that have been discussed below:
The Benefits of Home Tuitions
- Home tutoring is like home schooling. Students who lack behind in school can get help at home from the tutor with different subjects that require assistance.
- Home tuition offers one to one interaction between the tutor and the student. This undivided attention proves to be beneficial for the students requiring complete focus and attention of the tutors to solve their queries and get their concepts clear
- Home tuitions enable students to ask about their doubts without any hesitation. The personalized attention also helps the tutor to understand the weak areas of the students, offering them the specialized guidance required.
- The best part of home tuition is parents can monitor the progress of the child and directly remain in touch with the tutor for the feedbacks. The involvement of the parents in their child’s studies enables them to directly remain in touch with the tutor and the lessons being taught.
- Home tuition proves highly effectives for slow learners.
- Home tuition is a good option if your child needs additional help with any other subject.
The Concerning Issues
- Home tutoring can be very expensive
- There is lack of challenge here as there is no competition between peers. The students can’t compare and evaluate their progress in comparison to others
- Moreover, they can’t discuss their problems with their friends. Studying in group makes the procedure interesting and also the student can obtain help from others
Tuition Centers – Its Pros and Cons
Coaching institutes or centers are like school with classroom teaching having several students. The teachers impart education in the selective subjects to the students and attend to their queries, offering help to them in their concerned areas. There are certain pros and cons to consider for tuition centers:
The Merits of Coaching Centers
- Coaching classes are a good option for bright students or for those who have good grasping power
- In coaching classes students can do combined studies. While studying if they face hurdles they can discuss with other students and look for solutions.
- Studying in tuition centers helps to foster co-ordination that proves helpful in school
- Seeing other students they might get motivated to study hard and do better in exams. Studying together gives the challenge to compete among each other and score better. A healthy competition is good for excelling in studies
- There is less monotony here as there are friends to interact with and an atmosphere of congeniality
- Parents before enrolling their children can enquire about the authenticity of the institute and also attain the feedback of the tutors
The Demerits to Consider
- The basic demerit of center coaching class is it has an overcrowded environment. Too many students in a particular class reduce concentration
- The students cannot get the personalized attention of the teachers and hence, fail to discuss their problems with them. Students who are hesitant in approaching their problems neither have their issues solved nor can the tutor understand and address them
- In tuition centers parents cannot monitor the progress of their children. They remain unaware of the development and can’t even discuss with the tutors or receive their feedbacks. They remain ignorant whether the tuition class is helping the students or if they are facing any problem that might require help and attention. They also stay uninformed about the regularity of their children
- Weak students, having low grasping power lag behind. They require more attention which cannot be availed in coaching classes. Also, they might require special guidance or unique procedure of teaching which is unattainable in this method of tutoring. Coping up with the speed of teaching and learning is another problem that slow learners face
- Sometimes the quality of education also deteriorates owing to huge student population
Judging between home tutors and coaching centers is improbable, all depending on the suitability of the student. Developing good study habits in children is important, so post learning requirements and choose wisely for the most effective tutoring experience.
LearnPick is an online marketplace for all kinds of tutoring and learning services. We provide a platform to help learners find home tutors, online tutors, expert trainers,tutorial centers, training institutes and online tutoring schools. Learners can also find local classes, workshops, online courses and tutorials on a huge variety of topics. We operate in 12 countries worldwide and our community of learners, teachers and training businesses numbers over 3,00,000. We provide an opportunity for individual tutors and tutoring businesses to promote and grow their business.
Latest posts by LearnPick (see all)
- Higher Educational Council is to be made the top policy-making body in Odisha - Feb 18, 2019
- Board sents out guidelines for the upcoming CBSE Board Exams: - Feb 15, 2019
- CBSE Class 10, 12 results to be announced early this year - Feb 14, 2019
- EWS admission policy adopted by JNU amidst AC ruckus - Feb 13, 2019
- Internal choice questions in Class 10, 12 CBSE Board Exams 2019 to be increased. - Feb 12, 2019