Amongst the many standardised English tests, it can be said that the PTE Academic Test is definitely the cream of the crop. However, aspirants who are not much aware of the concept of standardised testing might be confused as to why this test is universally accepted by majority of institutions across the world. While the question is justifiable, it is imperative to understand and analyse the difference between the PTE Academic Test and any other standardised test.
Therefore, here are the salient features and benefits of the PTE Academic Test that you might want to peruse.
Let us first talk about the features of this test that make it stand out from the rest of the lot.
- For beginners, the PTE Academic Test is technologically-advanced. This means that it uses the latest and the best-in-class resources to augment the result-driven nature of this test, while also promoting a sense of security at all times.
- Owing to the tech-driven nature of this test, it eliminates the need of a human examiner. This results in a computerised analysis of the test submissions thereby dramatically improving the accuracy of the test results.
- The flexibility of the PTE Academic test is another feature that needs to be highlighted. The tests are held throughout the year in more than 250 centres across the world, which makes the PTE testing system more convenient and accessible to the aspirants.
If you are one amongst the many who wish to apply for this test, then it is highly recommended that you consider the following things to ensure a smooth and hassle-free process before, during and after the test.
- The first and foremost task is to register yourself for the test by signing up on the Pearson website and making an official account. Once you have completed the user registration, choose the test centre and date of the test according to your convenience.
- Once you’ve blocked the date for your test, the next step is to prepare yourself for it. The best thing about PTE is that most - if not all - the material you need for preparation is present on the PTE website. A preparation pathway, practice tests, self-study material, and online tuitions will help you prepare comprehensively.
- The next step is the most crucial one - giving the PTE Academic Test. Here, it is advised that the candidates reach the examination hall at least thirty minutes before the commencement of the exam. The Test Centre Administrators will be present to guide you and lead you through the process smoothly ensuring that your focus is only on your examination.
- The result is typically declared in around five working days, allowing you to quickly view your scores and send them to the institutions of your choice.
There are many factors that need to be kept in mind with regard to the PTE Academic Test, but this overview certainly tells that it is not as overwhelming as it may seem. So, book your test date now and make your way through the best standardised test around to measure your proficiency in the English language.