X

Counselling for Engineering at Delhi Colleges

Jun 02, 2016

Joint Admission Counselling offers admission to B.E./B.Tech /B.Arch programme for the Academic Year 2016-2017. The counselling is held every year for the admission into different branches of 4 renowned universities in India. The process of the counselling will begin in July 2016 following the JEE Main results. The colleges that participate in Joint Admission Counselling are:

  • Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology
  • Delhi Technological University
  • Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women
  • Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi

In all the above mentioned colleges, the admission is streamlined through the Joint Admission Counselling.  To all those candidates who are appearing for the counselling, they will be given the chance to get admission through the counselling program. The Joint Admission Committee closely monitors the marks scored in JEE Main and based on that the merit list is prepared for admission into different colleges.

After the declaration of the JEE Main Result 2016, the candidates will have to specifically mention the colleges which they want to opt and accordingly based on the score the counselling is processed.

Seat Reservation: In the counselling process, 85 percent of the seats are for the candidates who belong to Delhi whereas the remaining 15% are apportioned for the candidates representing other states and Union Territories of India.

Revised Counselling: A revised counselling is conducted for the admission and is scheduled in July 2016. According to the provisions as envisaged by the council, there is special recognition given to students whose parents are from defense background. The priorities for such candidates are listed in between the scale of 1 to 5. Person with disabilities, Kashmiri Migrants and other such candidates who claims bonus marks under the IIIT are required to visit the Delhi Technological University (DTU) located at Main Bawana Road, Shahbad Daulatpur, Delhi -42.

Discipline offered under JAC Delhi Counselling

  • In an overall category of the courses offered, there are some 15 disciplines which are offered under the counselling process of Delhi Technological University for the admission into 1,547 seats availed.
  • In Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University, there are 4 categories which are offered and based on that the application and the admission process takes place.
  • Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology offers 7 disciplines and roughly 904 seats are offered under the same.
  • In IIIT Delhi, the candidates are offered a total of 181 seats.

Application Process: The candidates seeking admission will have to pay a nominal amount Rs. 1100 + based on the following payment modes:

  • Mode 1: e-Challan of HDFC Bank: The candidates are required to download the HDFC Banks’s e-Challan form and they will have to pay the amount along with the nominal charges.
  • Mode 2: Through Debit and Credit card, the candidates are required to pay initial-cum-counselling fee of Rs. 1100 + bank charges.
  • Mode 3: The candidates can pay the initial registration cum counselling fee of Rs 1100 through any internet gateway.

Visit MotaChashma for more insights on JAC Delhi Counselling.

Team LearnPick

LearnPick is an online marketplace for all kinds of tutoring and learning services. We provide a platform to help learners find home tutors, online tutors, expert trainers,tutorial centers, training institutes and online tutoring schools. Learners can also find local classes, workshops, online courses and tutorials on a huge variety of topics. We operate in 12 countries worldwide and our community of learners, teachers and training businesses numbers over 3,00,000. We provide an opportunity for individual tutors and tutoring businesses to promote and grow their business.

Related Posts