Cloud Computing and its Future Scope
- Jun 09, 2014
Cloud computing, one of the hottest IT trends of today, has changed the very face of business with its time saving and cost effective services. Considered as the next wave of information technology, Cloud has changed the role of the IT.
With abundant supply of information technology the cloud offers several enticing job opportunities thus, drawing the attention of many technical experts. Offered in varied forms like public clouds, private clouds and hybrid clouds, cloud computing has brought about a mark change in the technology in offering services to partners, customers and suppliers and is certainly the next stage in the Internet’s evolution.
Survey Report Analysis Reflecting Cloud Computing Job Prospects
The IT world is emerging and updating on a regular basis on technological grounds to deliver its clients the best in cloud computing. Hence, the demand for experts is high for supporting the multifaceted environments. As per 2012 study by International Data Corporation (IDC) and commissioned by Microsoft expects-by 2015 14 million jobs worldwide will be IT cloud based and India alone will create over 2 million jobs.
Most companies are opting for migrating to cloud computing with the aim to ease up existing resources to work on new and interesting projects. As per the Microsoft-IDC study estimation the revenues from cloud can reach almost $1.1 trillion a year by 2015 from $400 billion in 2011 thus creating 1.5 million jobs for the aspiring professionals. It is quite eminent that the IT services being given are fast adopting the cloud model that is forcing the IT specialized experts to get acclimatized with the new paradigm.
With the technology and apps world demanding for more resources the cloud brings down the computing costs in your organization. The cloud stores the apps that are easily accessible to users.
- Access data and applications: The cloud users now have complete freedom to access data and applications from any location through varied devices such as mobile, laptops, desktops, terminals, note pads etc. As the terminals are quite basic it helps in pulling down the hardware costs as well.
- Security: Safety and security is better with cloud computing than in a scattered network.
- Reduction of costs: Deploying of applications in the cloud is more cost effective than on-site hosting because of lower hardware costs. Moreover, cloud computing fosters execution of work in an organized and systematized way.
- Choice of applications: Cloud computing offers flexibility in work to choose and experiment to implement the best. The cloud also permits the company to use, access and pay for only what they have used.
Essential Skills Required for Cloud Computing
For a prospective IT job in cloud computing a mastery of certain skills are essential for a rewarding career.
- BA/BS degree in computer science, engineering or any other related field
- Experience with data center migration, cloud migration
- Experience in network and security architecture
- Having comprehensive knowledge and experience with technologies like Web services, Java, SOAP and Ajax
- Communication and problem solving skills
- Linux operating system
- Legacy System, Cloud and IT Consulting
- Ruby on Railsx
Besides these, the other requirements can be:
Project management capabilities: Aspiring professionals must possess the skills to handle and manage any project when the company is moving over to cloud based solutions. The work requires immense co-ordination between various departments and other officials for the execution and implementation of the cloud based work.
Analyzing the risks and their consequences: Shifting to a cloud based solution can prove to be a very risky job with several challenges to face. Professional experts must possess computer security protocols and those that are applicable for the specific industry. For example, each company has their own financial information and multiple set of rules of functioning that needs to be learnt and implemented with expertise.
Negotiation skills: Dealing with cloud based services requires a continuinglevel of interaction with several vendors that at times require a degree of negotiation. As a skilled official you need to ensure that the vendors continue offering the agreed upon services. You also require to check the contracts before and negotiate accordingly for the best cloud services for your company.
Know-how about devices: Cloud facilities offer the provision to function and operate from any location and at any time. In the present age availing cloud facilities requires familiarity with working on varied devices being launched every day. You must have acquaintance with working on laptop, smartphone, tablets etc thus, being a tech savvy to move with your organization when it moving into the cloud.
Security and compliance: Cloud experts must have understandings of security protocols irrespective of the cloud being deployed. They also need to have understanding of data handling laws, mandates and regulations.
Business and financial skills: It’s a powerful business tool and professionals must have the expertise level to make to make the cloud work for their enterprises.
Technical skills: It also requires technical expertise to implement the cloud, analyzing the effect of the new technologies on the existing technologies, understanding to integrate and change technologies as per the need and evaluating a function of a particular product.
The following are other set of skills that the developers need to master to prepare for the cloud
- Identity management
- Rich Internet Application (RIA) services and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Architecting Cloud Solutions
Top Cloud Computing Certifications
Getting certified is a good way to measure your skills and knowledge against vendor specific and industry benchmarks. The certification also gives you a competitive edge in the industry and provides your employers with proof that you indeed have the perfect blend of expertise, cloud knowledge and skills.
- Cloud Security Alliance: CCSK (Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge)
- Rackspace: Cloud U
- Google: Google Certified Deployment Specialist
- Force.com: Certified Force.com Developer
- IBM Cloud Certifications
- CloudSchool.com: Cloud Certified Professional
- VMware: VMware Certified Professional
- Comp TIA: CompTIA Cloud Essentials
Job Roles for Cloud Experts
- Cloud Network Engineer
- Cloud Product Manager
- Cloud Consultant
- Cloud Systems Engineer
- Cloud Developer
- Cloud Systems Administrator
- Cloud Sales Executive
- Cloud Engineer
- Cloud Software Engineer
Cloud computing has changed the landscape of IT services leading to a great transition phase. It is undoubtedly a great platform for the future with evolving of devices, technology and business needs. Within a decade the cloud of 2024 is expected to be far more advanced offering a plethora of job opportunities across different departments. Thus, working with cloud can prove to be a rewarding job opportunity for wannabe and skilled professionals.
LearnPick is an online marketplace for all kinds of tutoring and learning services. We provide a platform to help learners find home tutors, online tutors, expert trainers,tutorial centers, training institutes and online tutoring schools. Learners can also find local classes, workshops, online courses and tutorials on a huge variety of topics. We operate in 12 countries worldwide and our community of learners, teachers and training businesses numbers over 3,00,000. We provide an opportunity for individual tutors and tutoring businesses to promote and grow their business.
Latest posts by LearnPick (see all)
- 7 Important Benefits Of Reading [Infographic] - May 25, 2018
- Top 45 Arithmetic Apps For ICSE Or CBSE Exam Preparation - May 23, 2018
- WBJEE 2018 Results to be Declared Today at 4 PM, Know Where to Check Your Result - May 23, 2018
- How To Read NCERT Books For IAS Examinations - May 17, 2018
- Should You Rely Solely On NCERT Solutions For Competitive and Entrance Exam Preparations? - May 15, 2018