I used to be an average student in school. In the next two years I did what nobody could have imagined. Not even my parents. I was a top ranker at my institute. My city was filled with hoardings with my name and photo on it. It has been the best accomplishment of my life so far.
How did I do that?
In those days I didn’t know really but I was following these steps. The steps that I call ETAMAX way to study.
This article is going to help you if you are looking to
a) Trying to score top rank
b) Trying to learn a subject thoroughly
c) Studying a subject which can very well be your career in future
d) Do well in future exams being not so good in the past exams
Being said that, the road to success is tough. Very very tough. You cannot succeed if you don’t make sacrifices and commit yourself to it.
It is not that only a few students can do well. They are not gifted. They are just more committed. So can you be.
These steps are commitment to studies. You may forget to follow them sometimes but do not lose hope. Continue where you left off. The results are going to be miraculous.
1. Go through the chapter once before coming to the lecture: If you know what has already been taught last time, it will help you in the next lecture as most of the topics are usually linked.
2. Make separate notebooks for class work and homework. Carry both for each lecture. : For revision purpose, it is best to make note of each and every question you answer in detail.
3. Carry pens of different colors: To make some important points stand out, different colored pens are helpful. Also you can carry a highlight marker that is going to do the trick as well.
4. Always carry scientific calculator.
5. Revise what has been taught in the lecture on the same day as soon as you reach home after class: Revision is most important. I cannot emphasize how important it is for the long run.
6. Start with the homework or assignment on the same day it is given: We tend to forget things as time passes. It is best to pick our memories while they are still afresh.
7. Make a separate list of doubts and staple it to your homework: Doubts are the little knots in our understanding. They may reappear as time passes. Such doubts should be sorted separately.
8. Revise once again on the next day.
9. Revise one last time on the third day.
10. Increase your speed of solution with every question: The time stops for none. It is best to pace yourself up. Learn quick calculation techniques. Remember formulae by heart. Memorize constants perfectly.
11. Prepare the topic to perfection while it is going on. DO NOT LEAVE IT FOR LATER: Exam pressure is real and can be daunting for some. If you have done all the preparation in advance, nothing can haunt you during exams.
12. Solve as many questions from as many books you can find: This is only going to deepen and strengthen your knowledge.
13. Test yourself: See if you remember things. See if you can solve questions on your own. See what you know and what you have forgot.
14. Prepare your own questions: When you can make your own questions, it is safe to say you know what the subject is about.
15. Test your friends: Take those questions and test your friends. If they cannot solve, tell them how to. Discuss over different possible answers. If you have a difference in opinion, ask someone knowledgeable to solve it. Internet might be useful.
16. Apply what you have learnt in your practical life: See if the surrounding actually follows the laws you have learnt.
17. Complete preparing the whole syllabus at least one month before the exam.
18. Keep practicing the topics covered already even if any other topic is going on: Do some extra learning and revising everyday, Irrespective of what is being taught to you currently.
19. Do not try to learn any new topic during the last days of exams: If, however, you have missed some topic to study in the past, do not attempt to learn it just before the exam. It is not going to help.
20. Prepare to attempt 140%: Attempt the exam paper with the optional questions after the compulsory questions are done.
21. Ask as many doubts as you can: More doubts you have, more you ask, more they get solved, more you learn and more you yield.
22. Know that you know more than you know: Whenever you are in a doubt that you do not know the answer, think this. You may know the answer you just did not know that it was going to be asked in this way.
Tell us your learning needs in detail and get immediate response from qualified tutors